Subject: [amos-list] Gui Text and Windows
From: "Declan Gorman" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Amos-List'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:21:22 +0100

From: "Declan Gorman" <[email-masked]>

Hello All,
  I have a question about Gui Text within windows.  I may have missed this
in the manual but I did look and I am kinda stuck at the moment, so my
problem is......

I am using the Gui Text command to place text into the currently active
window but this does not seem to happen as it should.

The syntax for this particular command is Gui Text x,y,text$

I have two windows, Window_1 and Window_2, each window has a procedure
determining what happens while it is selected and active.  So within each
procedure I have a counter which increases each time a window is selected
and becomes active and a Gui Text command that should write the value of the
counter within the window, ie. Gui Text 10,10,str$(WIN_1_COUNTER) for
Window_1 and Gui Text 10,10,str$(WIN_2_COUNTER) for Window_2.  So ideally
whenever Window_1 is selected, the value for WIN_1_COUNTER should be
displayed within Window_1 and whenever Window_2 is selected, the value for
WIN_2_COUNTER should be displayed within Window_2.  This is not the case,
regardless of what window is selected and active, the Gui Text command
places the WIN_1_COUNTER and WIN_2_COUNTER within the same window.

I hope I have explained this enough and I guess my question is if this is a
bug within the Gui Extension Version 1.75 or am I missing something in the
manual.  I do have an small example program on this issue if required.

Any help would be appreciated.

Declan.

--------------------------- ONElist Sponsor ----------------------------

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official AMOS WWW: http://members.xoom.com/AmosFactory/front.html